"Number of files to copy in parallel" has no effect on upload speed to OneDrive

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
tobias

Re: "Number of files to copy in parallel" has no effect on upload speed to OneDrive

Post by tobias »

Hello,
which version do you currently have? You cut the version from the log file.

tobias

Re: "Number of files to copy in parallel" has no effect on upload speed to OneDrive

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I have taken a look at the source code. This must be an incompatibility with CloudMounter. It does not occur with any other kind of storage.

It is perfectly legitimate to call a Win32 CreateDirectory function redundantly, and when Syncovery gets the error 183 (ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS), then it will check again if the folder exists. And that second check apparently fails with CloudMounter.

I will try to develop a workaround here.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Also, in general I do not recommend using a mounting tool for Syncovery uploads. Performance and reliability will surely suffer, because the additional software introduces another level of complexity and possibly causes for problems.

Redwood

Post by Redwood »

tobias wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:28 am
which version do you currently have? You cut the version from the log file.
9.35e
tobias wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:19 am
Performance and reliability will surely suffer
I have not noticed any performance degradation.
tobias wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:53 am
This must be an incompatibility with CloudMounter. It does not occur with any other kind of storage.
The same thing occurs with AirLiveDrive.
I suppose it concerns all software based on Dokany library.
Last edited by Redwood on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I sent you a new version to test in a private message, can you try it?

Redwood

Post by Redwood »

Yes, I can. I need 5-10 minutes for that. Thanks!

Redwood

Post by Redwood »

"Number of files to copy in parallel" = 1 - everything is ok

"Number of files to copy in parallel" > 1 :

On the first run I've got this

Code: Select all

Unable to open for setting attributes: Z:\Temp\test\1
Error Code = 2, Msg=Не удается найти указанный файл.
Using Internal Copying Function
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\2.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\2.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\2.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\3.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\3.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\3.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\4.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\4.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\4.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\5.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\5.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\5.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\6.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\6.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\6.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\7.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\7.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\7.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\9.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\9.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\9.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\8.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\8.tif, failed with error 31: Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\8.tif (Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
Copy L->R D:\Temp\test\1\1.tif  (3,7MB)

Errors / Access problems with 8 Files:

\1\2.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\3.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\4.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\5.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\6.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\7.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\9.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
\1\8.tif (error 31:Присоединенное к системе устройство не работает.)
All others runs

Code: Select all

CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\2.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\2.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
Using API Copying Function
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\1.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\1.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\3.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\3.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\4.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\4.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\5.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\5.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\6.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\6.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\7.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\7.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\8.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\8.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
CreateFile Z:\Temp\test\1\9.tif, failed with error 3: Системе не удается найти указанный путь.
Creation error: Z:\Temp\test\1\9.tif (Системе не удается найти указанный путь.)
Created folder: Z:\Temp\test\1

Errors / Access problems with 9 Files:

\1\2.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\1.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\3.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\4.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\5.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\6.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\7.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\8.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)
\1\9.tif (File or drive/device/network no longer exists)

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
OK, but those are probably bugs in the mounting library. I don't know if I want to adapt Syncovery with workarounds for this. I have never seen these errors before.

So when you say "All others runs", do the folders already exist or not? Like Z:\Temp\test\1?

Maybe if I find the time I'll install one of these mounters here and try it.

But I definitely cannot recomend using them with Syncovery. You can keep them installed for other purposes, I guess, but it doesn't make sense to use them with software that can upload and download directly much more efficiently.

Redwood

Post by Redwood »

tobias wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:47 pm
So when you say "All others runs", do the folders already exist or not? Like Z:\Temp\test\1?
I removed all stuff from Z:\Temp\test\ before each run.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
I think it would be better to leave all stuff there. Creating, deleting, re-creating the same folders is likely to cause bugs with most software, and most likely with these cloud mounters too.

If you really want to use these mounters, you could run the Syncovery job 2-3 times until it has completed successfully.

You could even create a separate job that makes the folder structure first. To do that, make a copy of the profile and choose "Don't Add Any Files" on the tab sheet Files->More in the profile.