Unable to delete folders from preview

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
solemgar

Unable to delete folders from preview

Post by solemgar »

It's a bit of follow up of a previous topic. I have a google drive backup where sometimes I need to delete folders to reduce the quota. I can't use any other methods like directly removing from google drive as the filenames are encrypted.

The current method I was using was to run a restore profile (so i can see all files, otherwise they don't show) and the select the file / folder for deletion from the preview pane. But since synconvery 9, the option is grayed out. See screenshots.

Note that I can still delete single files without issues.
Attachments
file_2.jpg
file_2.jpg (358.97 KiB) Viewed 6299 times
file_1.jpg
file_1.jpg (353.36 KiB) Viewed 6299 times

solemgar

Re: Unable to delete folders from preview

Post by solemgar »

Hi Tobias! Do you have any idea why I can't delete the files from the preview pane? Thanks! Any other way I can delete them considering the file names are encrypted?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you do not need to use a Restore profile for this. You can use the original backup profile. Run it in attended mode, click Show: All in the top left corner of the Sync Preview, and then you can delete files.

I do not know why the deletion is greyed out in your screenshot. Maybe you need to update Syncovery once more.

An even better solution is to deselect subfolders or files from the profile, or use Exclusion Masks, and set the Exact Mirror option to remove deselected items from the destination (or items that don't match your filters). You will find that option via the Configure button.

solemgar

Post by solemgar »

Hi Tobias. That's the kicker :( If I use a normal - non restore profile I can't see the files at all. I believe I discussed this option with you a while ago. I can only see all the files in the backup if I deselect this option and use a restore profile, otherwise not all the files appear on the backup set! This was the case already with Syncovery 8. :(
file_2.jpg
file_2.jpg (466.64 KiB) Viewed 6258 times
Notice here below that the 'All' folder is empty (no checkbox) in contrast with the restore profile which shows the files. I like the idea of the exclusion mask but the files are not existing anymore on the left side, plus would like to have more control on the deletions.
file_3.jpg
file_3.jpg (306.11 KiB) Viewed 6258 times
Let me know if I can provide any more info like logs or anything like that. Thank you a lot in advance!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Can you send a few logs to support@syncovery.com, preferably unabridged, because based on these screenshot I really cannot say anything.

solemgar

Post by solemgar »

Hi Tobias, much appreciated. I will be doing this during the day.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
to be able to use the Delete menu items, you have to expand the folders and make sure that some files are visible and part of the selection.

solemgar

Post by solemgar »

To close the loop, it's not possible to mark for deletion when using a profile that copies right->left, but if you change to left->right and right->left at the same time the option is available. Thanks Tobias!

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes that was implemented as a safety guard, because a one-way sync may never modify the source side.

solemgar

Post by solemgar »

Thanks Tobias, that makes a lot of sense.