backup + sync

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
yuriebc

backup + sync

Post by yuriebc »

I have 2 PCs witch I use every day. On my personal documents I have the same folder structure, but I didn't have the same files, just those I need on each. I want to have all the files (of both pc's) backuped on a external hard drive and online on a cloud. So, if I create a new file on PC 1, this will go to the cloud and when I plug in the external HD they will be copied. On PC 2, this file will be copied from the cloud or external HD only if I manually do. If I change some file that already exists on both pc's (and cloud and External HD) they will be automatically updated.

I will use more the external HD then the cloud (I don't have internet on home, just mobile data, so I have to be economic).

It is possible to do this with syncovery? how?

tiagocoelho2

Re: backup + sync

Post by tiagocoelho2 »

Yes, this is possible and I use a similar configuration.
You will create a profile for PCs in SmartTracking and bidirectional mode. For the cloud you will create another profile in Exact Mirror and bireditional mode. And for the HD another profile in Exact Mirror and bidirectional mode. Pay attention to the Ransomware exclusion and protection settings and the simultaneous automatic execution of the profiles (must be executed at different times).
This program is very complex with countless possibilities and it is difficult to guide case by case ... For beginners try Wizard Mode and then edit the profile according to your needs.
https://www.syncovery.com/overview try something at this link.