Copy XX GB of files per run

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
tobias

Re: Copy XX GB of files per run

Post by tobias »

Thanks very much!!

sonic

Post by sonic »

nice option.
@chaostheory : What about "Time window" from Schedule ?

chaostheory

Post by chaostheory »

Time window doesn't solve that, because files are moved at the speed of the filesystem, depends on filesize and stuff. "Time Window" could be used and I was in fact experimenting with that, but it wasn't very accurate. I'm moving/copying 50 GB in ~120 seconds if files are big enough or ~500 seconds if there are many low sized files. Hard to predict. And sometimes I was synchronizing files from one cloud to another cloud which completely defeats the purpose of Time Window, because you simply can't predict how fast you will be downloading/uploading on the fly.

This is why I tried to get this new option of desired size/volume instead of time/numer of files based rules and I'm grateful for what Tobias did.

Now I have 100 GB per run option in my main profile, this is triggered at 2 am every night, moves ~100 GB of files to Drive File Stream cache and stops. This way I'm sure that at 9 am, when I'm actually starting to work my PC already managed to upload all the files to the cloud and network is completely free of any usage.

sonic

Post by sonic »

sorry for my english, if I'm understand correctly, your right side sync itself after the data has arrived.

chaostheory

Post by chaostheory »

This is right.

My left side is common folder that gathers files from every single PC/phone/tablet/camera daily. My left side is gathered about midnight.

My right side is Google Drive File Stream cache - everything is being transferred from left side to right side. When files are on the right side GDFS app starts uploading it to the cloud - as fast as possible, but not faster than 5-6 MB/s. If I put too many files on right side (more than 100-120 GB) the GDFS app will be uploading files during the day which pretty much overloads my connection. So I need to make sure that there's not more than 100 GB of new data daily on the right side - only this way I'm sure that GDFS app will finish uploading around 8-9 am and my connection will be free to use during the day.

My "buffer" on the left side is 2 TB. So even if I have 500 GB of new data during the day, I still want to sync it only at night, at 100 GB per night at most. This will take 5 nights, but once again - my connection won't be overloaded during working hours (9-17).