onedrive, shared folder, sync from desktop

English Support for Syncovery on Windows.
Contractor5Prepays9

onedrive, shared folder, sync from desktop

Post by Contractor5Prepays9 »

desktop c:\vofm-documents

OneDrive, john's shared folder to me, ...cloud...john's onedrive...\vofm-documents

is there a way for me to sync my desktop folder, to the SHARD folder?

i AM able to use the internet OneDrive for my own cloning, but i need to be able to send these desktop folders to the folder that JOHN is sharing with ME
thanks !

tobias

Re: onedrive, shared folder, sync from desktop

Post by tobias »

Hello,
as far as I know this is not possible.

Contractor5Prepays9

Actually Tobias, it might be. I am testing this out, and on the desktop one drive folder, if I have that shared link visible in there, even if the files are not stored in my C drive, but in the cloud, it seems like syncovery is able to read that folder and sync the missing files. I will continue to test this.

Contractor5Prepays9

further testing, added local files to my d: drive, and sync'ed them with the shared-folder in the c:\...OneDrive folder.
it synced, and the new files are stored locally on the c:...OneDrive folder, BUT i then later did a FREE SPACE operation , and they appparenetly got removed from the local c: drive, but are still in the directory, as being stored in the cloud.

so, they exist on the d: drive, and synced with onedrive, through teh local folder.

again, seems to be working.

if others can test this, it is appreciated, to confirm that i'm not missing something