Delete Files Before Copying

General Discussion in English
rex.withers

Delete Files Before Copying

Post by rex.withers »

The option: "Delete Files Before Copying" isn't working for me the files stay in place while the new (overwritten) files are zipped and copied then the drive runs out of space before it completes.

Its only 2 the same 2 files but they are huge. So I guess they aren't exactly 'deleted' but overwritten/replaced with newer versions (I don't keep versions or do partial updates in this one situation)

Can you give me a hint as to how to get Syncovery to delete files before copying the new ones? Must be a setting else-ware that's causing this unless I have misunderstood the feature.

tobias

Re: Delete Files Before Copying

Post by tobias »

Hello,
correct, this setting is not relevant. It only means that if there are files to delete (and not replace), then the deletions will occur before other files are copied.

Replaced files are normally not deleted first, because if the copying is interrupted, you would have no backup.

It might help to choose "Compress directly to destination" on the Compression tab sheet. But this only works for local drives or network drives, not via Internet Protocol.

The exact behavior depends on some other settings too. If the direct replacement can't be achieved with Syncovery's settings, it can be implemented via a PascalScript. If you need that, please post your complete profile settings from the end of a log file, or send to support@syncovery.com.

rex.withers

Re: Delete Files Before Copying

Post by rex.withers »

OK thanks, I understand now I have set it just to run a batch file before.