Feature request for custom file date attribute in Masks & Filters

Post by SyncoveryLG »

I'm syncing some phone image files - example file:

Name: 20221221_201531.jpg
Date: 12/21/2022 8:15 PM
Date Taken: 12/21/2022 8:15 PM
Date Created: 4/14/2023 7:02 PM
Date Modified: 4/14/2023 7:02 PM

Somewhere along the path the Date Created and Date Modified attributes have been changed from their original values.

There is the "Filter By:" option to specify Last Modification, Creation or Last Access but none on those are helpful in this case as when I specify a date range of 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2023 using any of the three filter by options that file above is included which I don't want it to be.

A nice feature would be to be able to add your own file attribute(s) to use when determining inclusion:

Perhaps add a text box below the Filter By radio buttons. It would be on the user to type the attribute name in correctly. In this case I would select one of the existing radio buttons as a "fall back" option and type "Date taken" into the text box. If the custom attribute is not found in a given file it would fall back to the selected radio button attribute.

I do see the option "Job" - "Execute command or script before / after..." through which I could make this work by firing off something like attribute magic that would set the Date created/Date modified file attributes to the same value as the Date taken attribute so this isn't a show stopper, but it would be a bit easier to do without having to call an external app.

Thanks!

tobias

Re: Feature request for custom file date attribute in Masks & Filters

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, support for additional filters can be added at some point.

The main problem here is that the attribute is not directly available, because the date taken is stored inside the file. So Syncovery would have to open or even download the file while building the file list, to apply the filter. This is not something that Syncovery does, so far (with the exception of Binary Comparison).

The filter could be implemented as a custom PascalScript, as long as it's not available in Syncovery itself.

https://www.syncovery.com/pascalscript/