Error 395: Access to cloud file is denied

General Discussion in English
kolvas

Error 395: Access to cloud file is denied

Post by kolvas »

Hello all,

I have been backing up a local folder on my windows 11 machine to my NAS storage system. The local folder contains, among other things, my iCloud Photos library. I have been syncing these 2 folders for quite a long time with no problems. However a couple of days ago while syncing, syncovery was downloading the file from the internet to sync and I inadvertently pressed something like "block access to cloud files" (I can't exactly recall). Since then I syncovery cannot download files and sync them and I get the aforementioned error. How can I revert back to the old way and have syncovery automatically download any files need to sync?

thanks!

tobias

Re: Error 395: Access to cloud file is denied

Post by tobias »

Hello,
well that is a Windows 11 issue, not a Syncovery issue.

Maybe the following page helps, especially section 3 (Turn On OneDrive Files On-Demand):

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or ... s-11.4371/

kolvas

Re: Error 395: Access to cloud file is denied

Post by kolvas »

Hello Tobias,

You are right the problem was with Windows 11 and not syncovery. However, the problem was not with onedrive or icloud download files on demand per se, it was with with the "automatic file downloads" setting in Windows 11 (Settings-->privacy and security--->automatic file downloads). It had blocked syncovery (as a program) from automatically downloading files. I reset it, and all is normal again!

Thanks!