Exclude folder from File List building

General Discussion in English
Leed_cz

Exclude folder from File List building

Post by Leed_cz »

Hello, I've searched the forum and didn't find answer, so I hope you can help me. I have problem excluding folders.
My profile is Left to Right, Exact Mirror, Left side is local folder e.g. /project, Right side is ftp://someserver/project.
There's /project/data folder on both sides but I want to exclude this folder from the profile. I've added "/data" to "Masks & Filters -> Exclusions". It really excludes files in this folder and they're not synced. But there're thousands files and folders under project/data folder and all of them is included when File List is built. It takes hours to make this List. Is there any option to really exclude folder to not being included while File List is built. Hope my explanation is clear.

tobias

Re: Exclude folder from File List building

Post by tobias »

Hello,
maybe you need to choose the radio button "Ignore Totally". Syncovery does not normally recurse in to excluded folders.

Also if you are using the Windows version, the preferred syntax for the exclusion is \data rather than /data.

A problem could be the FTP side. Syncovery tries to get a recursive FTP listing by default, and that can't exclude any folders. There are approximately three solutions for this problem:

- change the FTP Listing Command to non-recursive on the second tab sheet of the FTP dialog
(this could however slow down listing the other folders, if there are many)
- install the Syncovery Remote Service on the FTP server and let it generate the listing fast
- or use the new Syncovery 10 feature under Special-More in the profile: Spawn Separate Sub-Jobs For Each Subfolder on Level 0.

This last solution would enable Syncovery to use the recursive listing command on each subfolder, excluding the data folder.

Leed_cz

Re: Exclude folder from File List building

Post by Leed_cz »

Hello Tobias, thank you for your reply. Problem partially solved.
The "Ignore totally" option alone will not change anything. The important thing was to switch the FTP listing command to basic. It works, but the listing is slow without recursive option (but faster than including the /data directory).
In v10 "Spawn Separate Sub-Jobs For Each Subfolder" option doesn't work for this scenario.
Thank you.