Want to achieve specific delete and sync behaviour

General Discussion in English
troelsh

Want to achieve specific delete and sync behaviour

Post by troelsh »

My scenario is that I am copying new files to a local folder to be synced to a shared remote folder on Google Drive. The traffic is all one way, I never want anything copied back from remote to local.

The behaviour i want is:

1. that if a file is deleted from the remote Google Drive) folder it should be deleted locally too;
2. new files deposited in the local folder should be copied over to the remote folder;
3. files deleted locally should also be deleted remotely.

I am currently using SmartTracking and when a file is deleted remotely it is being restored from the local copy. This is the part I want to change.

I guess I want to rely on the database to know that a file has been deleted remotely and propagating the delete to source, rather than it being considered a completely new file. Is this possible?

tobias

Re: Want to achieve specific delete and sync behaviour

Post by tobias »

Hello,
you need to configure the profile as a two-way sync for this. Left to right and Right to left.

The reason is that deletions will be mirrored in both directions. You can specify what should happen with deleted files on the SmartTracking dialog.

If you need to prevent other files from being downloaded, we would need to add a PascalScript to the profile.