Pause and Stop Profile action

General Discussion in English
ChaosX

Pause and Stop Profile action

Post by ChaosX »

This is one of those "dumb" questions, given how long I've been using Syncovery, but the Pause/Stop Profile selections... do they affect the current task?

For example, I copy a 10GB file from A to B... and at 30% transfer, I select "Pause" (or Stop"). I see the task say "paused, with a clock running, but my network and disk use remains unchanged... until, I presume, when the current file transfer completes. Is that correct? As it seems not possible to interrupt a transfer, unless I harshly terminate the Syncovery service.

Do pause/stop only apply to the next run condition? It's unclear to me in the Help section. Thank you.

tobias

Re: Pause and Stop Profile action

Post by tobias »

Hello,
it depends very much on how you use Syncovery. Some kinds transfers will pause mid-file, others won't.

So maybe you can give me more details than just "A to B".

It may also depend on whether compression and/or encryption is involved.

And on the exact Syncovery version and platform.

I can surely fix some pausing holes.

ChaosX

Post by ChaosX »

Windows 10, Syncovery 9.44a (I know this is not the latest, but this issue has been present for quite a long time).
Transfer from PC to Synology NAS. No encryption/compression.
AFAIK, SMB over LAN.
Max/common file size: 10 GB

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
pausing should work fine. There might be some Windows file buffers that are still written for some time even when the pausing has started.

Maybe the option to flush file buffers regularly helps, this is on the Advanced tab sheet of the Program Settings dialog.