Feature Request: Test file presence / absence before running profile

General Discussion in English
TBacker

Re: Feature Request: Test file presence / absence before running profile

Post by TBacker »

Update:

I have it running using the PascalScript on one of the 4 profiles on 9.42.

The difference tonight is that the profile with the script is now using a timed schedule (1 minute intervals). Previous tries it was set to real-time monitoring.

The other three are still using real-time and always have.

I did note in my haze last night that the profile using the script seemed to be repeatedly firing when the script returned false (without stopping). The status line in the GUI was flickering repeatedly. Perhaps it was overwhelming a stack or thread somewhere causing the other profiles not to be able to re-instantiate new file monitor waits?

The only retry setting enabled in these profiles is to wait for file access for 1 minute. On the database replication profile which uses the script to check for LDB files, that script returning false supersedes the wait, aborting the sync attempt until the next scheduled interval.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
yes it's possible that the script does not work well with real-time syncs. I will check it.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
no I can't see any problems with the script and real-time.

For real-time you may want to increase the delay on the Advanced tab sheet of the real-time settings dialog.

But maybe a regular sync every X minutes is better anyway.

If problems remain, please send some screenshots and log files.

TBacker

Post by TBacker »

An email with logs was sent just to give you more info. I did run with the script and real-time just to give you some logs.

I'll probably just run it with the timed profile for now. It seems to work well.

Thank you for all of your help!