Backup check just left side

General Discussion in English
sanferno

Backup check just left side

Post by sanferno »

Hi Tobias,

I wonder if it is possible to run a mirror backup profile that only checks the left side.

My idea is to just track the changes on the left side (local) and upload/overwrite/delete those on the right side (Google cloud/S3/Azure) without checking its contents, obviously assuming they have not been altered since the last backup.

Is there any way to setup Syncovery to achieve it?

tobias

Re: Backup check just left side

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes, you can use "Cache Destination File List" on the Special tab sheet in the profile.

This is recommended for S3 and Azure.

For Google Drive however, the cloud connector automatically uses a cache and retrieves only the changes every time the job is run. So that should be pretty fast, unless it is a huge Google Drive where many other activity occurs in addition to this backup job. Then downloading the daily changes can take a little while.

Because the Google Drive connector uses its own database cache, the cache setting from the Specials tab sheet is ignored.

sanferno

Post by sanferno »

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Just one last thing to clarify, I was referring to Google Cloud Storage (not Drive). I suppose "Cache Destination File List" does also apply as for S3/Azure, right?

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
yes the cache can be used with GCS too.

Apparently we have reached a user registration limit with GCS again, so if you get an error that the app is blocked, I will update it.

sanferno

Post by sanferno »

Brilliant! Thank you Tobias ;)