Timestamps

General Discussion in English
Xalean

Timestamps

Post by Xalean »

Hello everybody,

it is my first message here.
I love syncovery but i struggle actually on a timestamps problem with my cloud account.
My cloud provider give me a software that mount a drive under windows 10.
I can copy my files with syncovery but, if syncovery keep the timestamps of the files, it seems that the mount drive modify it afterwards.

I have not this issue when i use robocopy to copy my files !

My question is simple : is there a way to tell syncovery to not handle timestamps and let the external copy program (in "job" "external copying tool" ) to handle it.
I can't find a way to tell syncovery to do nothing with timestamps. It seems that it checks and modifies the timestamps that my other copying tool put on the file...

Thank you for your help.

Xalean

tobias

Re: Timestamps

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I will look into the issue in the next 2-3 days.

Xalean

Post by Xalean »

Ok, thank you very much !
Maybe i just need a pascal script to had after my job to say to syncovery to not check and modify the timestamps or to launch robocopy to rectify the timestamps?
Maybe there's a way to tell syncovery to take the last modified date for all the timestamps ?

Thank you anyway :-)

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
I am trying IceDrive now ... but files copied to the local drive letter do not appear on the IceDrive in my web browser, is that normal?

tobias

Post by tobias »

OK apparently there was some delay ... now I see them, with correct timestamp, copied by Syncovery.

But when I copy with XCOPY, at first the timestamp is correct, and then after a refresh, it's set to the current timestamp.

So the problem is not Syncovery specific at all. It's an IceDrive bug.

Nevertheless, I will try to find a solution and also reply to the exact question you asked in this post.

tobias

Post by tobias »

With Robocopy, the timestamps are fine. Syncovery won't set any timestamps at all, if robocopy is set as an external copying tool.

Maybe you didn't set the following option to 0:
Use only for files larger than X Bytes.

With robocopy, you need to use the following command line in the External Copying Tool Configuration:
robocopy.exe $fromfolder "$tofolder\" $fromfilename

Without the backslash, you sometimes get problems if there are filenames with spaces.

-------------

I did find one potential problem in Syncovery settings timestamps, and that is that it sets file attributes after setting timestamps. This works fine with Windows drives, but some third party drives might handle the attribute change to also update the timestamp to the current system time. So I will try to reverse the attribute and timestamp setting order in Syncovery 9.01. If that works with IceDrive, it will be much better than using any external copying tool.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Version 9.01 is now available, and it uses a better method to set timestamps and attributes. Apparently this fixes the issue with IceDrive.