SFTP Mirroring w/ Version + Block-Level

General Discussion in English
DrkMstr310

SFTP Mirroring w/ Version + Block-Level

Post by DrkMstr310 »

Hi,

Back in November, we were discussing (via ticket) how, with SFTP mirroring profiles, "block-level" and "versioning" can't be enabled together - if you enable both, then block-level transfer will cease to function. This is because having these options work at the same time requires remotely *copying* the file to the versions folder, rather than remotely *moving*, prior to upload. This type of remote copy could be done either with SFTP directly (i.e. like WinSCP does), or by having the remote part of Syncovery on the other end.

At that time, you suggested I ping you about it in January. I tried to do so then & several times since, but haven't gotten any replies to tickets, so trying hear instead - would really love the opportunity to use block-level & versioning together on the same mirroring profile, rather than having to pick between one or the other :)

tobias

Re: SFTP Mirroring w/ Version + Block-Level

Post by tobias »

Thanks for the reminder, I hope I can implement it soon!

DrkMstr310

Post by DrkMstr310 »

I don't suppose there's anything I could do that might be able to somehow assist this feature reach fruition? :)

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
reminding is great! Many thanks. I've got an infinitely long list of requests and this will push it up again.

DrkMstr310

Post by DrkMstr310 »

Kk, will just keep my fingers crossed then 8-)

DrkMstr310

Post by DrkMstr310 »

Hi,

Any hope of getting a little attention on this? Would really appreciate it - been hoping/wishing for it since I thought it might be a possibility just 1 year ago :)

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
again thanks for the reminder. I am now in the final phase of making quality updates for Syncovery 9 and then I hope to be able to deliver a few great new features for Syncovery 10 relatively quickly. This will surely be one of them!

DrkMstr310

Post by DrkMstr310 »

Great, will continue to look forward to it :)

DrkMstr310

Post by DrkMstr310 »

Hi; any update on this? Been eagerly checking the updates for almost 2 years (since Nov 2020) :)

Thanks

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hi,
yes, this will be the next feature I will add to Syncovery 10 beta in the next 1-2 weeks before fully releasing it.