Bug renaming case sensitive files

General Discussion in English
tiagocoelho2

Post by tiagocoelho2 »

Syncovery version 9.13b does not detect files renamed with uppercase and lowercase letters. Example: Old rename file: test-123D - New rename file: Test-123d
In this case, syncovery does not detect the rename. Tests on network paths.
Tests with some profiles and different computers with the same error.

tobias

Re: Bug renaming case sensitive files

Post by tobias »

Hello,
did you go to the tab sheet Comparison->More and choose

Adjust Case Spelling at Destination?

I also believe this is designed to work in one-way sync jobs only.

tiagocoelho2

Post by tiagocoelho2 »

I checked the option "Strict Case Sensitive Mode", but it still doesn't recognize the rename. Unilateral and/or bilateral synchronization configuration.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello, "Strict Case Sensitive Mode" does not work this way. It works ONLY between case sensitive file systems, such as one side SFTP, and the other side Google Drive.

If you look into the log file, you will see that the case sensntive mode is turned off because one or both sides are not case sensitive file systems.

You need to choose "Adjust Case Spelling at Destination" instead.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Some additional information, "Strict case sensitive mode" is a mode that works with file systems that allow files to exist in different case spellings at the same time. Such duplicates cannot exist on Windows file systems. The strict mode was added a few years ago, mainly for Linux. It considers files with different case spellings to be really totally different files.

I will change Syncovery so that it falls back to "Adjust Case Spelling at Destination" when the file systems are not eligible for the strict mode.