Custom Mirror Setup

General Discussion in English
richardlevene

Custom Mirror Setup

Post by richardlevene »

I have my active projects within a folder called PROJECTS that i want to create a mirror sync of to a backup server.
However when i am finished with a project i want to delete it from the active PROJECTS folder but for it to still exist on the backup server.

What would be the way to customise the mirror sync so that is will still mirror the folders/files that exist within the active PROJECTS folder but not delete the root folders in the destination? I want maintain the function that delete files that get deleted within sub active projects though.

Thanks.

Richard

richardlevene

Re: Custom Mirror Setup

Post by richardlevene »

From what i am finding is i have to manually adjust the profile after every time i delete a sub project folder within the root projects folder so it is just a Selective based set of folders being synced.

However as soon as i go to selective, any new sub project folders that get created, do not automatically get selected within the sync. So i then also have to manually select that new sub project folder in the profile.

Just trying to find a more automatic setup of this.

tobias

Post by tobias »

Hello,
the easiest way will be with a PascalScript. To write that for you, I would need to know what the destination path is like (the backup server). Is it a network path or FTP or what is it?

Regarding the subfolder selection dialog, there's a checkmark in the top right to include future new folders and files in the selection. If you choose that, the selection is saved as a negative selection, i.e. the folders that you deselect are saved, and future new folders will be included.

richardlevene

Post by richardlevene »

Thanks for the info on that future selective feature. Will try that. That will likely eliminate one manual step which would be great.

The script way scares me a bit in regards to the implementation but maybe you have nice ways of implementing the script in syncovery and it being visible to the user that it is being used etc. the destination is a backblaze cloud server.

richardlevene

Post by richardlevene »

Hi Tobias,

Just to say that the checkmark in the top right to include future new folders and files in the selection works perfect.

I can avoid using a script by using the Selected method and just selectively picking the individual project folders already existing just once in the source. Then with the checkmark it auto adds new project folders when created and when i delete a project folder, it is no longer listed as selectable so it doesn't delete it in the destination. Perfect!

Thanks!